As you hear the gentle clink of ice cubes and fizz of tonic in your summer G&T and recline in your deckchair, iPad in hand, soaking up the sun (having soaked up the rain already) and contemplate what you could do from the comfort of your lounger to raise funds for the greyhounds and galgos, please consider these 5 things:
1. Buy a handmade iPad/iPhone cushion from £5 to lodge your iPad firmly on your lap before progressing to the next 4 things….
2. Sort out your jewellery and donate your unwanted pieces (gold, silver and costume jewellery) to Greyhound Compassion. We have a reliable and fair supporter who is a jewellery expert and will buy donated jewellery from Greyhound Compassion.
3. Register Greyhound Compassion as your preferred cause on Easyfundraising – “feel good shopping”. When you shop online, from groceries to getaways, you could be raising funds for Greyhound Compassion if you shop with any of over 3,000 well-known retailers via Easyfundraising and a percentage of your spend is donated to Greyhound Compassion at no additional cost to you. It’s also possible to Gift Aid the donation. Thanks to 11 shoppers we have raised £388.93 from Easyfundraising over the last 3 – 4 years. Please help us to boost this with your weekly shop! If only you’d nominated Greyhound Compassion when you booked that flight to your beachside deckchair now!
4. Sponsor – A – Hound online as a birthday or Christmas gift for a friend or relative, or treat yourself.
5. Renew your Greyhound Compassion membership online for just £5 per annum. You’ll receive our annual newsletter and a Greyhound Compassion lapel pin.
Every year we make sure Greyhound Compassion’s outgoings pay tangible expenses for the shelters we support and last year was no exception. Scooby had finance for renovations to the galgo enclosures. Dungarvan had help for the rescue of 10 greyhounds from filthy conditions. We contributed to the transport preparation costs for the Limerick greyhounds going to their homes in Italy. The Lincolnshire greyhounds nearly had a chilly Christmas when the boiler in their kennels stopped working and we paid towards a replacement. So thanks to you, were able to hit the spot with our funds as our Annual Review shows.
We hope to see you at our fund-raising events this year.
If you are not able to join us, perhaps you’d consider one of the “five things from your deckchair” and help us to continue helping the greyhounds and galgos. Thank you.