Limerick Animal Welfare has rescued a greyhound from the most barbaric cruelty. He had suffered third degree burns from boiling water. (We have posted the least worst pictures below because the injury is so gruesome). The kennel owner said that they were throwing boiling water in the kennels to kill snails and the greyhound got burned by accident. Unfortunately the kennel owner did not act immediately and did not provide any emergency treatment for the unfortunate greyhound. The wound is now infected but the greyhound is in the care of Limerick Animal Welfare’s vet and his receiving pain relief and intensive medical care. He has had a comfortable couple of nights in a fresh bed. The wound is being cleaned and the dressings are being changed every day. He will be in the veterinary clinic for at least 10 days. It is going to take more than a month of bandaging and treatment to get him well. LAW’s vet loves the hounds and is taking great care of him.
This news came at a time when Greyhound Compassion’s account could afford to contribute to the poor greyhound’s costs. We have transferred a donation to LAW and hopefully this will cover the costs to get the greyhound to full recovery. We are grateful to our small fund-raising team of volunteers and donors for making this possible.
Let’s hope and pray that we are soon posting pictures of him wagging his tail or reclining on a sofa in a loving home.